What does the safety officer do?
- Encourages safer flying through the provision of educational courses. (First Aid courses and the Big Fat Re-packs are examples of these)
- Acts as a liaison between the BHPA and pilots within a club to improve communication relating to safety.
- Supports people involved in incidents or accidents and ensures these are documented and that lessons can be learned.
- Helps all fellow pilots learn from previous incidents or accidents.Help temper the more aggressive or inconsiderate pilot's attitude.
What to do in the case of an accident - read this useful guide on dealing with incidents
If it's a bad accident send a message with your contact details to the club safety officer
What to do if you encounter inconsiderate flying
- Chat to the person, discuss the issue, if that fails report the pilot to the club safety officer
What will then happen?
- We will debrief the pilots and see what can be learned from their experience.